2013 Tournament Information
• Singles (draw of 192) with Feed-In Championship
• Doubles (draw of 96)
• USTA National Championship Entry Regulations
The USTA Regulations now allow a player to enter more than one age division of a USTA National Championship. If you want to play the Nationals in Kalamazoo, but aren't sure if you'll be accepted, you may now enter up to two age divisions. In the past, players had to decide which division to enter at the time of entry and if they entered and didn't get into the older division, they were left playing no tournament at all.
• Boys’ 18 Registration:
*Note – Per NCAA ruling, if attending the College Coach Expo you may not register until after the Expo. The Expo will be held on Thursday, August 1 at the Balch Theatre Lobby on the campus of Kalamazoo College (behind Light Fine Arts building) on the corner of Academy and Thompson Streets. If approaching on foot from Stowe Stadium you may use the west staircase to Balch Theatre.
• Thursday, August 1 from Noon – 9:00pm EDT but DOUBLES DRAW Closes at 5:00pm
• Friday, August 2 from 8:00am - 7:00pm EDT
• Saturday, August 3 from 7:00am – Noon EDT
Boys' 18 play begins Friday, August 2 - 8:00am EDT
• Boys’ 16 Registration:
• Thursday, August 1 from Noon – 9:00pm EDT (if in town)
• Friday, August 2 from 8:00am - 7:00pm EDT but DOUBLES DRAW Closes at 4:00pm
• Saturday, August 3 from 7:00am - Noon EDT
Boys' 16 play begins Saturday, Aug 3 - 8:00am EDT
Eligibility: Boys' 18 - Born September 1, 1994 or later
Eligibility: Boys' 16 - Born September 1, 1996 or later
Entry is open to professional players
Entry Fee: $110.00 (includes singles and/or
• Singles Entry - Online Registration begins Thursday May 23, 2013
Tennis Link Registration Tournament ID # 850001013
Online Registration closes
Thursday, July 11, 2013 at 11:59 A.M. EDT
• USTA, Medical and Media Supplemental Release Form
USTA, Medical and Media Release Form must be filled out by parent/guardian and be turned in to Player Registration at Markin Tennis Center when player registers at the Nationals. Parents who are not traveling with their player may download the pdf file and fax or send in to the Nationals office before the tournament begins. Mailing address and fax number are listed at the bottom of the form.
• Doubles Entry• Boys’ 18 Doubles Deadline:
Note: Registration Deadline is Thursday, August 1 at 5:00pm EDT
• Boys’ 16 Doubles Deadline:
Note: Registration Deadline is Friday, August 2 at 4:00pm EDT
• Match Formats:
will be the best of 3 tiebreak sets. The Boys’ 18 singles final may
be best of 5 tiebreak sets.
• Tournament Singles FIC will feed in losers through the quarterfinals.
• Format: There will be a playoff for 3rd and 4th place in singles and doubles. Play in the FIC and playoff matches is mandatory.
As of January 1, 2010, the following information is new:
Main Draw Singles (including play off for 3rd& 4th place): best of 3 Tiebreak Sets, except that finals of The USTA Boys' 18 Nationals (Kalamazoo) shall be the best of 5 Tiebreak Sets.
Feed-In Championship or Non-East Compass Draw Matches; Best of 3 Tiebreak Sets with a 10-Point Match Tiebreak Set in lieu of a 3rd set.
Doubles Matches: The Best of 3 Tiebreak Sets shall be used in the semifinal, final, and playoff for 3rd place. All other doubles matches shall use the Best of 3 Tiebreak Sets with a 10-Point match Tiebreak in lieu of a 3rd Set.
• Tournament Main Site: Stowe Stadium at Kalamazoo College
Location: 1200 Academy Street, Kalamazoo,
MI 49006 Map
• Tournament Co-Site: Sorensen
Courts at Western Michigan University
• Pet Policy
NO PETS ALLOWED - A.D.A. Service Animals A.D.A. Equipment with I.D. ONLY
For your information, water is available on all courts at both tournament locations, bring your own water cooler and ice if you want it. If you'll be using the local practice courts, bring your own cooler with water, as most don't have fountains.
• Tournament Director: Mark Riley 269.377.3940 (cell)