• Draw Sizes
Singles draw is 224 players. Doubles draw is 112 teams.
• Tournament Registration/Check-In - Boys' 18s and Boys' 16s
Players must report to the Hicks Center Banquet Room (lower level of Hicks Center - see map below) on the campus of Kalamazoo College to register for the Tournament during the following times (Kalamazoo is located in the Eastern Time Zone) - registration is open to both age groups:
• Thursday, August 2 from 10am - 7:00pm 18s Doubles Sign Up closes at 4:00pm
DOUBLES: Each player is responsible for finding his own doubles partner.The doubles draw officials will do no pairing of players.
If you have any complications arriving for the 4pm Doubles Deadline, please call the Doubles Registration Desk by 2pm to confirm your Doubles plans.
** 18s Mandatory Player Meeting: 5:30-6:00pm at corner of Catherine & Academy Streets
Player Meeting will take place in Fitness & Wellness Center if inclement weather
• Friday, August 3 from 7:30am - 5:00pm 16s Doubles Sign Up closes at 4:00pm
** 16s Mandatory Player Meeting: 5:30-6:00pm at corner of Catherine & Academy Streets
Player Meeting will take place in Fitness & Wellness if inclement weather
• Saturday, August 4 - Registration for late arrivals only
Registration for Doubles will be held at the Hicks Center Banquet Room (lower level) on the campus of Kalamazoo College. Teams who have previously registered for the Doubles Championships on line MUST RECONFIRM their partnership during the Doubles Registration period.
** Mandatory Player Meeting Information **
1. You must check into the appropriate tournament desk no later than15 minutes prior to your scheduled match start time. We do not use “no sooner than” scheduling and it is not the tournament’s responsibility to locate players for their matches.
2. You must be registered for the tournament prior to play.
3. You must participate in all events you register for. Only the referee can authorize a withdrawal, and only for a bona fide injury, illness, or personal circumstance according to USTA rules. A “default no show” for a match, may result in you being defaulted from all your remaining matches. “No show” players are assessed 5 suspension points. Notification after the fact does not satisfy USTA protocol for withdrawing. You must notify the referee prior to a next round match.
4. The alternate entry list will be posted at the Stowe Stadium tower by 7:45 am Friday.
5. All main draw outdoor matches will be chaired by USTA certified chair umpires. Indoor matches may be roved. Line crews will be used on Stowe Stadium courts 1, 2 & 3 beginning with main draw quarters. Ball runners will be used on the same courts from day one.
6. A 5 minute warm up will be used for all matches. Up to 10 minutes in cases of change of venue of ongoing matches.
7. All main draw singles matches will be best of 3 tiebreak sets, regular scoring (18’s final is best of 5 sets) with a mandatory 10 minute rest after split sets (after 3 sets in 18’s final). A 10 pt. match deciding tie break will be used in lieu of a full third set in all feed-in singles matches up to 3rd. place play offs and all doubles matches up to semifinals including play offs for 3rd place. A mandatory 3 min. rest will occur after split sets when using a 10 pt. match deciding tiebreak in lieu of a full third set.
8. Code violation sequence is: point, game, default. All code violations carry suspension points. Suspension points can be assessed for behavior off court as well.
9. Wilson extra duty balls will be used for all matches. 3 new balls will be used for two sets. A new can will be used for full third sets. Ball changes at 9 & 11 will be used beginning with all semifinal matches. New balls are not issued for match tiebreaks.
10. Appropriate tennis attire is required on court at all times. Shirts must be worn on court at all times including practice times.
11. Use of any electronic device while on court is prohibited.
12. If you are defaulted for behavior in one event, it can be grounds for defaulting you from all your remaining events.
13. Coaching is not permitted at any time during play. Coaching is permitted only off court during rest periods or suspension of play.
14. The USTA reserves the right to conduct random drug tests throughout this event. Alcohol is a drug. This event exercises a zero tolerance policy regarding the use of alcohol by players.5
15. Listen carefully to all public address announcements. Remain on court when play is “stopped”. Leave the court only when play is “suspended”. Never leave a site without knowing where and when play will be resumed. Call the Rain Plan Hot Line. For quick up-dates check the tournament web site for specific information www.ustaboys.com
16. Clean up after yourself following matches and practice, especially at off site locations.
17. Fill your water jugs before you go out to court. Bottled water (in jugs) is available on court.
18. Check the back side of your player I.D. badge for important contacts.
19. Trainers and medical staff are always on duty during play.
20. You must be evaluated by our medical staff before seeing the referee for permission to withdraw from future matches.
Darrell Davies / Referee
Players - TEXT a SELFIE for your player badge to 269-815-8817
Each player may TEXT a "selfie" prior to the tournament to be used for their Nationals badge.
1 - Must be an ACTUAL SIZE head and shoulders shot (not a reduced size such as small, medium or large)
2 - Must be in portrait (vertical) orientation
3 - Photo must be of ONLY the PLAYER
4 - NO HATS, HEADBANDS or HEADGEAR of any kind
5 - We will crop photo to a head shot, but the entire photo will be on the website
6 - Photo* must be approved by the Jr. Nationals Photo Chairman
* Tournament photographer will take your photo during Registration if your selfie is unusable or if you're unable to send a selfie.
• USTA, Medical and Media Supplemental Release Form
USTA, Medical and Media Fillable Release Form must be filled out by parent/guardian and be turned in to Player Registration at Markin Tennis Center when player registers at the Nationals. Please note this is now a fillable PDF so please type in the information and do not handwrite information as it can be difficult to read.
Preferred acceptance of this form is electronic, including signature. This form can be emailed directly to the Tournament Office: firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail and fax submission are also accepted and information is at the bottom of the form. The form can also be completed and turned in at registration. Note: There will be a web-provider removal fee if you request removal of your photograph in the future.
• Payment of Entry Fee by Players Accepted into the Draw After the Entry Deadline
Players who are accepted into the draw after the entry deadline have not yet paid the entry fee. This includes Wild Card recipients and players accepted because of the withdrawal of another player who was originally accepted into the draw. Such players accepted after the entry deadline will be asked to pay their entry fee by check or credit card prior to beginning play in the Tournament. Checks may be made payable to Kalamazoo College - Nationals and should be sent to: Mark Riley, Kalamazoo College, 1200 Academy Street, Kalamazoo, MI 49006. Click on this credit card link to pay.